Older kids can get a jump on preparing dinner by stirring up these miniature tuna casseroles. "Or serve them for brunch with fresh fruit, a tossed salad and rolls," recommends Marlene Pugh of Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) tuna, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook noodles according to package direction's drain and place in a large bowl. Add the peas and the carrots, onion, tuna and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and water; stir into noodle mixture. Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; loosen edges with a knife to remove from cups. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tuna Noodle Cups in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p38
Reviews for Tuna Noodle Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review