Tuna Noodle Casserole for Two
My mom made this tuna casserole through the years...a delicious family dish, but good for any occasion. I often serve it for a luncheon along with garlic bread and a salad. It's quick and easy to prepare, freezes well and makes a complete meal.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the
- noodles, tuna and peas.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cornflakes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly
- around the edges. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 474 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,120 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.