Tuna Mushroom Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2-1/2 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and mayonnaise until cheese is melted. Fold in noodles and tuna.
- 3. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, brown bread crumbs in butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 343 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.