Tuna Mushroom Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2-1/2 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and mayonnaise until cheese is melted. Fold in noodles and tuna.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, brown bread crumbs in butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Mushroom Casserole(9)
Sort By :
This is how a tuna casserole is supposed to taste. Very delicious. Comfort food with a healthy kick. Love all the veggies in it.
easy & very satisfying. good base to which planned and impromptu variation can be brought.
I almost have this recipe memorized. I used to dislike tuna casserole very much but this one with the swiss cheese sauce, WOW! I actually crave this. I double the sauce and 1 1/2 times the noodles because I don't like it too dry, I also only put half of the tuna and am dying to try it with chicken but I don't know if it would be as good. Everyone love it. I also chop the mushrooms very tiny so my son doesn't even know that they're in there. (smiles) This is my most favorite recipe of all time. Try it!
it doesn´t has a lot of flavor ,, it didnt taste it ... I´m not making again, my husband didnt like it. Check better Tuna Mushroom Casserole in this website is better... tastes reaally good.
I used sodium free chicken bouillon and left out the salt. It was very good that way.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >