Tuna Mushroom Bake
Tuna Mushroom Casserole is a rich-tasting main dish. The recipe was sent by Connie Moore of Medway,Ohio, who relates, "I usually serve this casserole when I'm short on time and we need something hearty and comforting."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions; stir in tuna and
- mushrooms. Combine the soup, milk, salt and pepper; add to noodle
- mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines and
- butter; sprinkle over noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 399 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon