Tuna Mushroom Casserole is a rich-tasting main dish. The recipe was sent by Connie Moore of Medway,Ohio, who relates, "I usually serve this casserole when I'm short on time and we need something hearty and comforting."
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions; stir in tuna and mushrooms. Combine the soup, milk, salt and pepper; add to noodle mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines and butter; sprinkle over noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Mushroom Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Mushroom Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review