While the soup simmers, assemble tasty Mozzarella Tuna Melts. Using a mini food processor to chop the celery and onion for the filling helps shave preparation time. Then just pop the sandwiches in the oven.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise.
- Spread on bottom of buns; set bun tops aside. Top tuna mixture with
- a slice of cheese and tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each
- with a lettuce leaf; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 363 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.