Tuna Melts Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spread on bottom of buns; set bun tops aside. Top tuna mixture with a slice of cheese and tomato.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each with a lettuce leaf; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 363 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Melts
"Quick and yummy!"
"Quick and easy."
"So good! I added some diced pickles as well, and waited to put the cheese on til the tuna mix was warm, then just put the cheese on broil for a few minutes."