While the soup simmers, assemble tasty Mozzarella Tuna Melts. Using a mini food processor to chop the celery and onion for the filling helps shave preparation time. Then just pop the sandwiches in the oven.
Recommended: Your February Meal Plan
- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spread on bottom of buns; set bun tops aside. Top tuna mixture with a slice of cheese and tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each with a lettuce leaf; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mozzarella Tuna Melts in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p75
Reviews for Tuna Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2015
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2014
"quick and yummy!"
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2013
"quick and easy."
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
"So good! I added some diced pickles as well, and waited to put the cheese on til the tuna mix was warm, then just put the cheese on broil for a few minutes."