- 1 can (6 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spread on bottom of buns; set bun tops aside. Top tuna mixture with a slice of cheese and tomato.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each with a lettuce leaf; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mozzarella Tuna Melts in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p75
Reviews for Tuna Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2014
Quick and yummy!
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2013
Quick and easy.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2012
So good! I added some diced pickles as well, and waited to put the cheese on til the tuna mix was warm, then just put the cheese on broil for a few minutes.