Tuna Melt on Corn Bread Recipe
Try a new taste for an open-faced tuna melt-serve it on corn bread! Our Test Kitchen developed this treat which would be great for a quick lunch.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. Prepare and bake corn bread according to package directions, using a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, egg, dill, salt and pepper. Cut corn bread into six pieces; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each with 1/4 cup tuna mixture and a slice of cheese.
- 3. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato and avocado. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tuna Melt on Corn Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC