- 3/4 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and salt; stir into tuna mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Macaroni Salad
"This was really tasty and easy This is my new go to recipe for tuna macaroni salad, everyone really loved it."
"A great, easy, tasty recipe. Will definitely make again. Would possibly leave out cheese next time too. Thanks Mary!"
"A few months ago I gave birth to my second baby girl. During my pregnancy I made this recipe and was one happy mama. Next time I am going to use pepper jack cheese for a little heat!"
"Very good salad for a hot day. I made it as written, but next time would leave out the cheese...it really wasn't necessary."
"lite, easy, added onion and sweet pickles."
"I make this salad all the time. Of course I have to double by 4 to 6 because I take it to functions. I don't really modify it much. I do make extra dressing because overnight it can get a little dry."
"easy to make and really tasty!!!"
"I made it with finely diced 1/2 a poached chicken breast instead of tuna and shredded cheddar cheese instead of cubed and it turned out just as yummy as when I made it just like the recipe!"