- 3/4 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and salt; stir into tuna mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"A few months ago I gave birth to my second baby girl. During my pregnancy I made this recipe and was one happy mama. Next time I am going to use pepper jack cheese for a little heat!"
"Very good salad for a hot day. I made it as written, but next time would leave out the cheese...it really wasn't necessary."
"lite, easy, added onion and sweet pickles."
"Excellent recipe! The mustard and pickle relish (I use dill not sweet) really add a little different, but welcome, twist to traditional Tuna Salad. Have made this countless times over the years and every time it goes down great. A great break when you're tiring of all the "heavy" foods. I omit the cheese, but not because it isn't good in this recipe. I'm sure it is. I just don't care for cheese in my tuna salad, but will continue making this for years to come."
"I make this salad all the time. Of course I have to double by 4 to 6 because I take it to functions. I don't really modify it much. I do make extra dressing because overnight it can get a little dry."