Tuna Mac and Cheese Bake Recipe
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 1. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in the tuna, soup, milk, peas, mushrooms and half of the fried onions.
- 2. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 359 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Tuna Mac and Cheese Bake
"This was really, really good! I omitted the frozen peas and threw just some pearl onions. I'll definitely make this again!"
"Fantastic recipe!! We can't get enough of it."
"I love this dish! It take tuna casserole to a whole new level! Bravo!!"
"awsome! made it several times already since I got the recipe"
"I thought this was surprisingly good...and soo easy. I made mine with turkey ham and left out the peas because I know my family preferences. The french onions give it a unique flavor. You'd never guess it started with a box of mac and cheese!"
"Very good. A few cracks of pepper and even better!"
"My husband loved it.I wasn't too crazy about the amount of peas it had in it. I will try a different veggie the next time I make it."
"We loved this one... instead of tuna, we added chicken and used cheddar french fried onions! Yummy!"