Tuna in the Straw Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups potato sticks, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, stir soup and milk until blended. Stir in the tuna, mushrooms, vegetables and 1-1/2 cups potato sticks.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining potatoes. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and potatoes are crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 289 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 881 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.