Tuna in the Straw Casserole
Shoestring potatoes give this main dish great flavor and crunch. Even my husband, who doesn't normally care for tuna, counts it among his favorites.—Kallee McCreery, Escondido, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups potato sticks, divided
- In a large bowl, stir soup and milk until blended. Stir in the tuna,
- mushrooms, vegetables and 1-1/2 cups potato sticks.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining potatoes. Bake
- 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and potatoes are crisp. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 289 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 881 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.