Shoestring potatoes give this main dish great flavor and crunch. Even my husband, who doesn't normally care for tuna, counts it among his favorites.—Kallee McCreery, Escondido, California
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups potato sticks, divided
- In a large bowl, stir soup and milk until blended. Stir in the tuna, mushrooms, vegetables and 1-1/2 cups potato sticks.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining potatoes. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and potatoes are crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna in the Straw Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p108
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna in the Straw Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review