Tuna Fish Special
THIS WAS my children's favorite salad when they were growing up. Whenever we would go on a picnic, they requested the "tuna fish special".
The variety of flavors gives it a special taste everyone loves. No matter how many different tuna salad recipes I've tried, this one still tops our list!
-Gerry Tressler, St. Petersburg, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine tuna, peas, celery and onions. In another bowl,
- combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and garlic
- powder; stir into tuna mixture. stir in almonds; top with noodles.
- Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 589 calories, 41 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.