THIS WAS my children's favorite salad when they were growing up. Whenever we would go on a picnic, they requested the "tuna fish special". The variety of flavors gives it a special taste everyone loves. No matter how many different tuna salad recipes I've tried, this one still tops our list! -Gerry Tressler, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine tuna, peas, celery and onions. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and garlic powder; stir into tuna mixture. stir in almonds; top with noodles. Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Fish Special in Reminisce January/February 1998, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Fish Special
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review