A handful of ingredients is all it takes for Marie Green to put a meal on the table. "This makes a speedy dinner on busy weeknights or a tasty lunch when unexpected guests drop by," writes the Belle Fourche, South Dakota cook.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-3/4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (12 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or celery soup, undiluted
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, tuna and soup. Cook and
- stir until heated through. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat soup; calculated without rice) equals 260 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,116 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.