Tuna Crunch Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the almonds, onion and celery in butter. Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the cabbage, tuna, soup and half of the chow mein noodles. Stir in almond mixture.
- 2. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 217 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Tuna Crunch Casserole
"This sounds great but what could we substitute for the cabbage?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.