Tuna Crunch Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the almonds, onion and celery in butter. Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the cabbage, tuna, soup and half of the chow mein noodles. Stir in almond mixture.
- 2. Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 217 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Crunch Casserole
"This sounds great but what could we substitute for the cabbage?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.