Tuna Crunch Casserole
This is a great everyday meal...it's exceptionally easy and economically to prepare. With tuna in your pantry, you can decide to make this casserole at the last minute without a trip to the store.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the almonds, onion and celery in butter.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the cabbage, tuna, soup and half
- of the chow mein noodles. Stir in almond mixture.
- Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- remaining noodles on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 217 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.