- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the almonds, onion and celery in butter. Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the cabbage, tuna, soup and half of the chow mein noodles. Stir in almond mixture.
- Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Crunch Casserole in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Crunch Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2008
"This sounds great but what could we substitute for the cabbage?"