Tuna Crunch Casserole Recipe
This is a great everyday meal...it's exceptionally easy and economically to prepare. With tuna in your pantry, you can decide to make this casserole at the last minute without a trip to the store.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (6-1/8 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the almonds, onion and celery in butter. Meanwhile, in a large bowl,combine the cabbage, tuna, soup and half of the chow mein noodles. Stir in almond mixture.
- Spoon into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Crunch Casserole in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Crunch Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2008
This sounds great but what could we substitute for the cabbage?