- 1 pouch (11 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1/3 cup each finely chopped celery, cucumber and red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, cucumber, onion, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet. Spread each half with tuna mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tuna Ciabatta Melts
Sort By :
Recipe idea is excellent. I was looking for a ciabatta recipe that was broiled and found this one. The idea to put tuna on it was good. I modified using what I had and omitted mayonnaise as I don't like it. Chopped radish and green pepper were used instead of celery, cucumber, & onion. And orange juice in place of lemon. I also used mozzarella cheese and only about 1 tbsp. per sandwich half, which made it healthier, as did leaving out mayo.
I liked this tuna melt, the cucumber made it really refreshing and the cheddar was really good on the sandwich.