- 1 pouch (11 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1/3 cup each finely chopped celery, cucumber and red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery, cucumber, onion, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet. Spread each half with tuna mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tuna Ciabatta Melts
Sort By :
"Recipe idea is excellent. I was looking for a ciabatta recipe that was broiled and found this one. The idea to put tuna on it was good. I modified using what I had and omitted mayonnaise as I don't like it. Chopped radish and green pepper were used instead of celery, cucumber, & onion. And orange juice in place of lemon. I also used mozzarella cheese and only about 1 tbsp. per sandwich half, which made it healthier, as did leaving out mayo."
"I liked this tuna melt, the cucumber made it really refreshing and the cheddar was really good on the sandwich."