- 1 package (7 ounces) plain potato chips, divided
- 1 can (5 ounces) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) frozen asparagus tips, thawed and patted dry or 1 can (15 ounces) asparagus spears, drained and sliced
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Crush chips and place half in greased 2-qt. baking dish. Arrange tuna over chips. Top with asparagus and the remaining chips. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tuna-Chip Casserole in Country Woman March/April 1990, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna-Chip Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review