Tuna Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 slices whole wheat bread
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. On five slices of bread, layer 1/2 cup lettuce and about 1/4 cup tuna mixture; top with remaining bread. Yield: 5 servings.
1 sandwich: 501 calories, 34g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Cheese Sandwiches
"This recipe is so quick and delicious - I love the crunch from the walnuts! I put one of these sandwiches in my husband's lunch, and actually received a "thank you for my sandwich" text - he said it was the highlight of his day!"
"Made this for supper Friday evening, & it was a hit! Many of my family members don't like tuna, but this one was great! The only thing I changed was using pecans instead of walnuts. Will definitely make it again. quick, easy, & delicious!"
"I just made this the other day. Excellent and even the hubby loved it!"
"These sandwiches were a great hit. It was quite different and more enjoyable than a regular tuna sandwiches."
"These are excellent. I followed the tip and mixed in the shredded lettuce right before serving. I also used toasted white bread since I don't like wheat."