- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 slices whole wheat bread
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. On five slices of bread, layer 1/2 cup lettuce and about 1/4 cup tuna mixture; top with remaining bread. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Tuna Cheese Sandwiches
"This recipe is so quick and delicious - I love the crunch from the walnuts! I put one of these sandwiches in my husband's lunch, and actually received a "thank you for my sandwich" text - he said it was the highlight of his day!"
"Made this for supper Friday evening, & it was a hit! Many of my family members don't like tuna, but this one was great! The only thing I changed was using pecans instead of walnuts. Will definitely make it again. quick, easy, & delicious!"
"I just made this the other day. Excellent and even the hubby loved it!"
"These sandwiches were a great hit. It was quite different and more enjoyable than a regular tuna sandwiches."
"These are excellent. I followed the tip and mixed in the shredded lettuce right before serving. I also used toasted white bread since I don't like wheat."