“This is my husband Kent's very favorite sandwich,” says Barbara Billeter from Clovis, California, “and I often make a double batch when lots of family or friends are over.” TIP: “I prepare the tuna mixture in advance and add the lettuce just before assembling the sandwiches. This gives me more time to visit with my company,” suggests Barbara.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 slices whole wheat bread
- 2-1/2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. On five slices of bread, layer 1/2 cup lettuce and about 1/4 cup tuna mixture; top with remaining bread. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Cheese Sandwiches in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p17
Reviews for Tuna Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review