Tuna Cheese Omelet
One exceptional entree Sherri gets cracking on in advance is her Tuna Cheese Omelet. "I try to keep containers of chopped mushrooms, olives and onions in the refrigerator to cut down on prep time," she reveals. "This is the kind of recipe friends will request after just one bite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, olives, onion and garlic in
- butter. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs and milk; pour over
- vegetables. Cook over medium heat; as eggs set, lift edges, letting
- uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with tuna, seasonings and
- cheese. Remove from the heat; let stand for 1-2 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.