Tuna Cheese Omelet Recipe
One exceptional entree Sherri gets cracking on in advance is her Tuna Cheese Omelet. "I try to keep containers of chopped mushrooms, olives and onions in the refrigerator to cut down on prep time," she reveals. "This is the kind of recipe friends will request after just one bite.
- 3 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, olives, onion and garlic in butter. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs and milk; pour over vegetables. Cook over medium heat; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with tuna, seasonings and cheese. Remove from the heat; let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Cheese Omelet in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p15
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Tuna Cheese Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review