Tuna Cheese Melts
This sandwich dresses up a typical tuna sandwich with American cheese and rye bread spread with a mixture of sour cream and garlic salt. Cooked in a skillet, this sandwich oozes with flavor.Bernadine Dirmeyer, Harpster, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 slices rye or white bread
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and garlic salt; spread on one
- side of each slice of bread. In another small bowl, combine tuna and
- mayonnaise; spread on four slices of bread. Top with cheese and
- remaining bread; gently press together.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add
- two sandwiches; toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on
- both sides and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining butter and
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.