- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 slices rye or white bread
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and garlic salt; spread on one side of each slice of bread. In another small bowl, combine tuna and mayonnaise; spread on four slices of bread. Top with cheese and remaining bread; gently press together.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add two sandwiches; toast sandwiches until bread is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Cheese Melts in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Cheese Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2011
"Awesome and Easy!"