Tuna Cakes with Mustard Mayo Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 2 tablespoons parsley and seafood seasoning. Stir in the tuna, breadcrumbs and carrot. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown patties in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, microwave peas according to package directions. Stir in the pepper and remaining butter and parsley. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and milk. Serve with tuna cakes and peas. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tuna cakes with 1/2 cup peas and 4 teaspoons sauce equals 433 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 910 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.