These patties take the cake! Canned tuna is the surprise ingredient in these veggie-packed rounds. If you'd like, add more zip to the creamy mustard-mayo sauce with prepared horseradish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 2 tablespoons parsley and seafood seasoning. Stir in the tuna, bread crumbs and carrot. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, brown patties in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, microwave peas according to package directions. Stir in the pepper and remaining butter and parsley. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and milk. Serve with tuna cakes and peas. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Cakes with Mustard Mayo in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Cakes with Mustard Mayo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review