Tuna Cakes with Mustard Mayo Recipe
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 2 tablespoons parsley and seafood seasoning. Stir in the tuna, breadcrumbs and carrot. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, brown patties in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, microwave peas according to package directions. Stir in the pepper and remaining butter and parsley. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and milk. Serve with tuna cakes and peas. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Cakes with Mustard Mayo(6)
Sort By :
I have made these about 10 times now and love them. I do weekly meal planning on a budget so these go in when I need a cheap meal to stretch my money. My 18 month old gobbles them up!
My family enjoyed this recipe. I was a little concerned that they may be bland so I did add miniced onions, lemon juice and garlic powder to the cakes. To the Mustard Mayo I added pickel relish. A keeper for sure.
I have made this recipe a couple of times already, and we just love it! So quick and full of flavor. Plus you can't beat the cost per serving!
I've made this twice now. My husband and I love them as do my kids (ages 1 and 2 1/2). Quick, easy and cheap. I do cook them a little longer than the recipe calls for because I like them nicely brown and crusted.
Forgot to defrost something? No problem this is such an easy quick enjoyable recipe. No more last minute tuna casseroles for me.