Tuna Caesar Sandwiches
“I’ve always loved tuna sandwiches because they’re such a cinch to make. Plus, they’re versatile; you can add so many different ingredients to tuna.” —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 16 cucumber slices
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over
- four slices of toast. Top with cucumber, tomato, lettuce and
- remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 338 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.