Tuna Caesar Sandwiches for Two Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 cucumber slices
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over two slices of toast. Top with cucumber, tomato, lettuce and remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwuch equals 338 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.