My family was hesitant to try these burgers when I first prepared them. They were so accustomed to the typical beef burger. But any skepticism they had disappeared after one bite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomato, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; fold in tuna.
- Shape into four patties.
- Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side
- or until lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 441 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 803 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.