- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 4 submarine sandwich or hoagie buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 wooden skewers
- Fish-shaped crackers
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, egg, celery and onion. Stir in the Miracle Whip and pickle relish; set aside. Make a 2-in. wide V-shaped cut in the center of each bun to within an inch of the bottom. Remove cut portion and save for another use. Line each bun with a lettuce leaf and fill with tuna mixture.
- Cut cheese slices in half diagonally. For sails, carefully insert a wooden skewer into the top center of each cheese triangle. Bend cheese slightly; push skewer through bottom center of cheese. Insert two skewers into each sandwich. Place on a serving plate. Sprinkle fish crackers around boats. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Boats in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p41
Reviews for Tuna Boats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review