Tuna Artichoke Melts Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, artichokes, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cheese, lemon-pepper and oregano. Spread over English muffin halves.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 335 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Artichoke Melts
"Really delicious, I will make these often! Loved the English muffin twist."
"Good, love the artichokes."
"I love artichokes and this recipe was a nice surprise. The English muffins offered a nice 'crunch' to each bite and all the toppings blended together well. A great week day recipe.(5 Stars for me is an instant classic / serve to company meal.)"
"These were delicious! I will definitely make them again. Great for a quick weeknight meal and then enjoy the leftover mix for lunch the next day!"
"When I went to elementary school in Earlham Iowa, they used to serve these once in awhile for our lunches, minus the artichokes. I have always wanted to find this recipe as love it. Will make this again and again as it is delicious. That and a salad and I'm a very happy farm gal;)"
"There wasn't anything extra special about this, but it was good. I would maybe add a little Nature's Seasons seasoning blend next time to add a little punch to the flavor. I loved the warm gooeyness of it. I used a 5 oz. can of tuna and Thomas' Light English Muffins to lighten the calories and increase the fiber...it came to 308 calories this way. My 12 year old son liked it, too."
"This really hit the spot for me. I thought the flavor was awesome. The lemon-peppering seasoning adds a lot so make sure you don't leave that ingredient out. I'm going to make sure I have everything on hand at all times. I plan on making this often! Yummy!"
"This has become a go-to recipe for us. Quick, easy, and delicious! I love artichokes so I often add more, a little extra mayo, and extra spices. I also add all the cheese at once instead of sprinkling some over the top."
"I LOVE this recipe! Super easy and I make it all the time. I have put the filling on a whole-wheat pita like a pizza as well. Yummy!"
"This recipe ROCKS. I used frozen thawed artichoke hearts instead of canned. Awesome, flavorful, filling. Love it!"