Tuna Artichoke Melts Recipe
After sampling a similar open-faced sandwich at a restaurant, I created a lovely lemon-seasoned tuna salad with artichoke hearts. Serve it on the patio for lunch with a friend.—Evelyn Basinger, Linville, Virginia
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, artichokes, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cheese, lemon-pepper and oregano. Spread over English muffin halves.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 335 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC