Tuna Artichoke Melts Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, artichokes, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cheese, lemon-pepper and oregano. Spread over English muffin halves.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tuna Artichoke Melts(9)
Sort By :
Good, love the artichokes.
I love artichokes and this recipe was a nice surprise. The English muffins offered a nice 'crunch' to each bite and all the toppings blended together well. A great week day recipe.
(5 Stars for me is an instant classic / serve to company meal.)
These were delicious! I will definitely make them again. Great for a quick weeknight meal and then enjoy the leftover mix for lunch the next day!
When I went to elementary school in Earlham Iowa, they used to serve these once in awhile for our lunches, minus the artichokes. I have always wanted to find this recipe as love it. Will make this again and again as it is delicious. That and a salad and I'm a very happy farm gal;)
There wasn't anything extra special about this, but it was good. I would maybe add a little Nature's Seasons seasoning blend next time to add a little punch to the flavor. I loved the warm gooeyness of it. I used a 5 oz. can of tuna and Thomas' Light English Muffins to lighten the calories and increase the fiber...it came to 308 calories this way. My 12 year old son liked it, too.