Tuna and Tomato Kabobs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound tuna steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread tuna and vegetables.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, turning occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
1 kabob equals 183 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tuna and Tomato Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.