- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound tuna steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread tuna and vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, turning occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna and Tomato Kabobs in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p63
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna and Tomato Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review