Tuna and Tomato Kabobs Recipe
A lime-herb marinade adds great taste to the tuna and vegetables on these attractive skewers. “I lightened this up by using tuna in place of the beef cubes called for in the original recipe. Halibut or swordfish work well, too,” says Edrie O’Brien, of Denver, Colorado.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound tuna steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread tuna and vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, turning occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna and Tomato Kabobs in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p63
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna and Tomato Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review