- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Cream-Style Soup Mix
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. In a microwave-safe dish, whisk together water and soup mix. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, whisking occasionally. Add soup to sauteed onions. Stir in the broccoli, tuna, milk, salt and lemon-pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in rice. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna and Rice Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p214
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna and Rice Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review