Tuna with Wasabi Sauce
Wasabi mayonnaise can be found in the Asian section of your local supermarket. Wasabi, an Asian plant similar to horseradish, has a fiery flavor. Add some plain mayonnaise to make a milder sauce.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce,
- vinegar and oil; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- for up to 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the
- mayonnaise, onion and lemon juice until blended. Refrigerate until
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6
- minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until slightly pink in
- the center. Serve with wasabi sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tuna steak with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 458 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 53 g protein.