Tuna with Wasabi Sauce Recipe
Wasabi mayonnaise can be found in the Asian section of your local supermarket. Wasabi, an Asian plant similar to horseradish, has a fiery flavor. Add some plain mayonnaise to make a milder sauce.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar and oil; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion and lemon juice until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with wasabi sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna with Wasabi Sauce in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p236
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna with Wasabi Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Tuna >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >