- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar and oil; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion and lemon juice until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with wasabi sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna with Wasabi Sauce in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p236
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna with Wasabi Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2009
"This was wonderful and probably the best tuna I've ever had."