- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar and oil; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion and lemon juice until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with wasabi sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna with Wasabi Sauce in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p236
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna with Wasabi Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2009
"This was wonderful and probably the best tuna I've ever had."