Tuna 'n' Pea Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk, horseradish, dill and pepper. Stir in the peas, mushrooms, onion, pimientos and tuna.
- Drain noodles; stir into soup mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna 'n' Pea Casserole(31)
Sort By :
Very good. I took the suggestion of other reviewers and sauteed the onions. The only other thing I did differently was substitute rotini for the egg noodles because that's what I had on hand. I'll make this again.
I agree with the others that this is one of the best tuna casseroles I've made. The dill flavor was a nice addition. I used frozen chopped onion so I had no issues with them. I'll definitely make it again.
I quit making tuna casseroles about 40 years ago because I never found one with much flavor. I saw this recipe and knew I had to make it. I loved it, as well as my husband and grown daughter. It is so easy to make, the taste is superb! I did double the amount of peas but followed the recipe exactly otherwise. I will absolutely make this again and again. Thanks for submitting such a great recipe.
Very good. I cut the recipe in half. Will be making this again.
Made this recipe yesterday, delicious.
Used l can of mushroom and one can of celery.
Used green olives instead of pimientos.
Otherwise did everything as the recipe says.