Tuna 'n' Pea Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk, horseradish, dill and pepper. Stir in the peas, mushrooms, onion, pimientos and tuna.
- 2. Drain noodles; stir into soup mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 505 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,196 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.