Tummy Dogs Recipe
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 hot dogs
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, optional
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, optional
- 1. Partially cook bacon; drain on paper towels. Cut a 1/4-in. lengthwise slit in each hot dog; place cheese in each slit. Starting at one end, wrap bacon in a spiral around hot dog; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Split buns just halfway. Combine butter and mustard; spread inside buns. Set aside.
- 3. On a covered grill over medium heat, cook hot dogs with cheese side down for 2 minutes. Place buns on grill with cut side down; grill until lightly toasted. Remove toothpicks from the hot dogs; serve in buns with onion and chilies if desired. Yield: 8 sandwiches.
1 serving (1 each) equals 421 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,130 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Tummy Dogs
"Didn't care for this recipe, won't bother with it again."
"My daughter does not care for cheese. So for her hot dog I just skip the cheese and do everything else the same..I also make them on the stove top.."
"Since finding this recipe, I have tried them in various combinations. The bacon adds a wonderful extra flavor to these dogs. Thanks for sharing Myra!"