"I like making these crisp and creamy treats because they require only four ingredients," says Virginia Johnson of Mims, Florida. "It's hard to stop eating them, they're irresistible."
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1 can (7 ounces) potato sticks
- 3 cups butterscotch chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Combine peanuts and potato sticks in a bowl; set aside. In a microwave, heat butterscotch chips and peanut butter at 70% power for 1-2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Add to peanut mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tumbleweeds in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p64
Reviews for Tumbleweeds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2012
"These are wonderful in taste and so easy to make. One batch is never enough to meet demand!"