Truffle Torte Recipe
The biggest sweet tooths are satisfied with just a small slice of this rich, decadent torte. A white-chocolate pattern on top gives it an elegant finish.—Mary Choate, Spring Hill, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, mix pecans and flour.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy; gradually add sugar, beating 4-5 minutes or until mixture triples in volume. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Fold in pecan mixture. Transfer to prepared pan.
- 4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Run a knife around sides of pan; remove rim from pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack; carefully remove pan bottom and paper. Cool completely.
- 5. For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in butter. Refrigerate until mixture thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
- 6. Place cake on a serving plate. Pour ganache over cake and quickly spread to edges.
- 7. Fill a food-safe plastic bag with melted white chocolate; cut a small hole in one corner of bag. Pipe thin horizontal lines 1 in. apart over ganache. Use a sharp knife to draw right angles across the piped lines. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC