Truffle Torte Recipe
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, mix pecans and flour.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy; gradually add sugar, beating 4-5 minutes or until mixture triples in volume. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Fold in pecan mixture. Transfer to prepared pan.
- 4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Run a knife around sides of pan; remove rim from pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack; carefully remove pan bottom and paper. Cool completely.
- 5. For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in butter. Refrigerate until mixture thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
- 6. Place cake on a serving plate. Pour ganache over cake and quickly spread to edges.
- 7. Fill a food-safe plastic bag with melted white chocolate; cut a small hole in one corner of bag. Pipe thin horizontal lines 1 in. apart over ganache. Use a sharp knife to draw right angles across the piped lines. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 380 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Truffle Torte
"I followed the instructions exactly, did add a few minutes to the cooking time. No cracking or sinking. Absolutely heavenly & rich. Loved it!"
"I've made this cake several times now and has always turned out great! I've also made it gluten free by switching out the flour with great success. I usually make it double layers for bigger event's and added a rich butter cream center. Because it is so rich I also make a raspberry sauce and home made whipped cream to compliment it. It has never had nay complaints from any one and my GF friends request me to make again!!"
"This cake was a big flop literally. I cooked it 35 minutes until it sprang back to my touch, then let it cool for 15 minutes. When I removed it from the pan the middle fell. The center was totally raw. What a waste of good chocolate."
"This was a fairly easy recipe to make. It did take longer than called for to cook about 40 minutes. My cake cracked and flaked on the bottom so it was not a problem. This is a very good torte but ii is a little rich. A small slice goes a long way and it has a lot of chocolate. I will make it again but it is good to know that it is an expensive cake to make."
"I made this for my co-workers & it was a big hit. Didn't have enough semi sweet chocolate for the ganache so I used bittersweet. Hubby is a milk chocolate lover, so it was not to his taste, and I did not care for the texture of the ground nuts, but everyone really enjoyed it."
"This cake recipe was really good, it just took alittle longer to put together then I thought. Next time I wouldn't add the pecans..my kids don't like them."
"This was a big disappointment. I was going to serve it for our Super Bowl party but went to Plan B. I expected a dense cake with a strong chocolate flavor but whipping the eggs made it more like a chiffon cake dessert. However, I think it will be fine used in a trifle."
"If you are looking for a chocolate to die for dessert, this is it. It did get a little cracked on top when I took it out of the oven but I just put it top side down on the plate and that worked out great. I took it to a ladies event at church and they loved its decadent chocolate flavor. With coffee it is awesome. My family tried it too and they loved it as well. When I am in need of some chocolate heaven I will make this again."