Truffle Topiary Centerpiece Recipe
This impressive, edible centerpiece from our Test Kitchen takes truffles to new heights! Set out the extras on plates or package them for guests to take home.
- Gold spray paint
- 5-inch clay pot
- Floral foam to fit inside pot
- New small flat paintbrush
- 5-inch Styrofoam ball
- Milk chocolate candy coating, melted (about 1/2 cup)
- 12-inch length of 3/8-inch wooded dowel
- Double-sided transparent tape
- 2-1/3 yards of gold metallic cord
- Craft scissors
- White (tacky) glue
- 18-inch square of gold-flecked tulle netting
- Craft wire
- Two large wire-edged bows
- 60 to 70 Coconut Truffles (recipe on opposite page)
- 60 to 70 paper or foil candy cups
- 1. Spray-paint clay pot gold. When dry, fill pot with floral foam.
- 2. Use paintbrush to cover Styrofoam ball with melted chocolate. Let harden.
- 3. With a pencil, mark dowel about 1-1/2 inches from the other end. Place several pieces of double-sided tape on dowel between markings. Cut away excess cord and glue ends to secure.
- 4. Insert long unwrapped end of dowel straight up and down into center of floral foam. Place pot in center of tulle netting. Bring up netting on all sides to cover pot. Use craft wire to secure netting to dowel just above top of pot. Arrange netting to cover wire, trimming excess netting as desired. Attach bows to opposite sides of top of pot. Trim ribbon ends as desired.
- 5. Use a pencil to make a hole in chocolate-covered Styrofoam ball, centering hole inside ball. Push ball onto end of dowel until wood dowel is covered, making sure ball and dowel are centered and straight.
- 6. Insert a toothpick into top center of ball, leaving about a third of the toothpick exposed. Set a truffle into a candy cup; carefully push truffle and cup onto exposed end of toothpick. Repeat until ball is completely covered with truffles.
1 each: 1 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Truffle Topiary Centerpiece
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC