Truffle Football Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup crushed granola cereal with oats and honey
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting, divided
- Green paste food coloring
- 36 cupcakes of your choice
- In a microwave, melt white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and cereal. Chill for 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; form each ball into football shape and set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip footballs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wire rack over waxed paper; let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
- Pipe frosting laces onto footballs. Tint remaining frosting green. Using a #233 or #234 tip, pipe grass over cupcakes. Just before serving, insert a toothpick into each football. Insert toothpick into cupcake to position football. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Truffle Football Cupcakes
Sort By :
"My 15 year old granddaughter, Abigail, made these for our Super Bowl party. They were sooo cute and delicious!!! Yaaah BaltimoreNancy"
"My 15 year old granddaughter, Abigail, made these for our Super Bowl party. They were sooo cute and delicious!!! Yaaah Baltimore"
"I used tip #233 as I thought that one more closely resembled grass. I used chocolate covered almonds for the footballs, and that worked great. Very cute idea."
"I couldnt find Easter eggs yet so I followed 1 of the reviews, to use tootsie rolls.They worked wonderfully. Made these with a group of kids for superbowl. They had a ball and they were delicious. We did make a hole in them and filled them with cheesecake filling."
"Ron07, you do not need all of these ingredients, just get some chocolate Easter eggs and pipe the laces on the football and ou can use green coconut for the grass using green food coloring and put on your own cupcakes or store bought. How's that for easy?"