Truffle Football Cupcakes Recipe
The luscious truffles combine peanut butter and chocolate deliciously. They're terrific shaped into balls for a holiday treat tray and they also make snappy footballs to top cupcakes for a tailgate party or any gathering to cheer on your favorite team. —Kim Barker, Richmond, Texas
- 3 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup crushed granola cereal with oats and honey
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting, divided
- Green paste food coloring
- 36 cupcakes of your choice
- 1. In a microwave, melt white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and cereal. Chill for 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; form each ball into football shape and set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip footballs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wire rack over waxed paper; let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Pipe frosting laces onto footballs. Tint remaining frosting green. Using a #233 or #234 tip, pipe grass over cupcakes. Just before serving, insert a toothpick into each football. Insert toothpick into cupcake to position football. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC